Sunday, May 17, 2015

"You Have to Want to Be Here"


Central Park 

My Best Friend Will & I  
(one of my fave pics from one of my trips to NY before I moved here)




Before I moved to New York, I read countless websites, blogs, and buzzfeed articles. I did a lot of research in the months leading up to my move here. Mostly on what to expect when moving here. I would search daily on the Internet and search "things to know before moving to New York","what to expect when moving to New York" things you need when living in New York"....you get the idea.
I was determined to prepare myself the best way possible. I wanted to come here and succeed but also be realistic. I knew New York was not going to be an easy move so I wanted to help put my mind at ease.

(I'll share some links below of some of the articles and sites I found helpful)

I'm working on my own list of "Things to know before moving to New York" (stay tuned!)
Now that I live here, I feel that I know a lot more of what the reality is and maybe my list will help someone who was just like me trying to get a glimpse into what was to come.

I did find that I learned some useful tips in my online research however the advice I received from my best friend Will was probably the most helpful to me. He told me "you have to want to be here". Those 7 words have stuck with me ever since. And it's the truest of anything I read or was told about New York. Here's the thing, there are tons of people who move to New York every day. And there are tons of reasons why they move to New York. But if you truly want to be here, you've already separated yourself from those who just move here on a Hope & a Dream. New York is tough.
People come here and make it big and people come here and leave with nothing. You have to want to be here!




No comments:

Post a Comment