Before I turned 30, I was a mess in my emotions. But what I didn't realize at the time, was that my thirties would be some of the best years of my life, full of possibilities. As they say the older you get the wiser you become. So, here are some lessons learned so far.
1. Stop living life based on a timeline. Just live.
2. Travel often. Don't let money hold you back.
3. Quit the job you hate. There are far better opportunities, if you go after them.
4. Don't settle. Not for anyone or anything.
5. Buy the more expensive bottle of wine. Your body will thank you the next day.
6. While your annoyed at being Single. Your married friends envy your freedom.
7. Stop trying to please everyone. Seriously, it's impossible.
8. Send 'Thank You' notes. Handwritten notes never go out of style.
9. Love the body you have. Stop nagging yourself over those 10lbs.
10. Start a daily skincare routine. Botox doesn't last forever.
11. Get more sleep. Pulling all nighters gives you dark circles & puffy eyes.
12. Remove toxic people from your life.
13. Disconnect from everything every once in awhile. (phone included)
14. Learn how to cook & host a holiday dinner.
15. Say 'I love you' more. Tomorrow is not promised.
16. You don't have to have it all figured it out yet.
17. Create goals for yourself. Even small ones sometimes make the biggest impact.
18. Surround yourself with people who truly get you, encourage you and support you.
19. Things will fall apart at times. The key is for you not to fall apart.
20. Don't let your past define who you are.
21. Invest in your future. Enroll in a 401K or savings plan.
22. Never apologize for wanting the best for yourself.
23. Life should be lived with no regrets.
24. You will experience loss and it may change you forever.
25. Don't carry the burden for others.
26. Money does not define happiness.
27. Failures are not mistakes, only lessons learned.
28. Stop comparing yourself to others. We all have strengths and weaknesses.
29. You are capable of so much more than you think.
30. Being successful is not defined by just your job.
31. Move to a new city if your bored in the current one you live in.
32. Chase your dreams, even if they scare the hell out of you.
33. Do what makes YOU happy.