Monday, July 6, 2015

Beautiful Breckenridge





















I am currently visiting my family in Denver, Colorado for two weeks. Yesterday my Dad, brother, his girlfriend and I decided to take a road trip to Breckenridge, Co. I was excited because although I was born in Colorado, I have not really explored a lot of the state. So we all piled up in the truck and set off for a road trip.

Breckenridge is a small town with scenic views and lots of local shops and restaurants that align the streets with just about everything from clothing to souvenirs to ski shops. There seemed to be mostly locals around but also many visitors exploring the town. We had lunch at the The Gold Pan Saloon http://www.thegoldpansaloon.com which is on Main Street. The restaurant has a laid back atmosphere and a wide variety of a menu. After lunch, we decided to walk around and see the sites and shops. It was raining on and off but the views were still breathtaking. The mountains were even still snow covered in some areas. 
We spent the rest of the day walking through town and bought a few souvenirs to take home with us. Isn't that the best part of road trips?

I definitely recommend visiting Breckenridge if your in Colorado. Perfect way to spend a Sunday with friends or family!


For more information on Breckenridge, check out the link below.

http://www.gobreck.com



XO, Rae







































No comments:

Post a Comment